- The competition is open to cellist of all nationalities who are under the age of the category selected at the beginning of the competition.
- The first prize is indivisible. The second and third prizes may be ex-aqueous.
- All repertoire must be performed from memory. It is not allowed to perform the same repertoire of the first round in the final round.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- The contestants will perform in alphabetical order, the letter with which the competition will begin being designated by drawing lots. This order may be modified in case of force majeure. The participant will have to justify it and the jury will take into account his reasons, making a final decision. The draw will be held by the Organizing Committee of the competition, and will be communicated to the registered participants from June 15, 2024.
- Acoustic Test. Contestants will be able to test the acoustics of the theater in the afternoon of the day before the contest (July 4th or 5th, 2024).
This dates could change in fact of the number of participants admitted. Contestants who are not present will not be allowed to perform this test.
- Accompanying Pianist. If the candidate wishes to play works with piano accompaniment, these are allowed. To do so, he/she may either participate with his/her own piano accompanist, or request one from the organization for a cost of 50€ plus the competition registration fee. In case the participant requests a piano accompanist to the organization, the rehearsals with the pianist as well as the acoustic test of the hall will take place one or two days before the beginning of the competition (this will be determined after the registration deadline depending on the number of participants registered). The rehearsals will last one hour per participant.
- The Jury may interrupt the contestant’s performance, without this meaning any kind of valuation.
- The Competition has arranged special prices at the Hotel Alixares on full board basis. All the information is available on our website in the ACCOMMODATION section.
- Study rooms. Participants staying at the Hotel Alixares will be able to study in the rooms of the Hotel Alixares. For this reason, the organization recommends to bring your own stand.
- All travel and visa expenses will be the responsibility of the participant. Visa requirements for Spain will be requested at the respective embassy or consulate. Upon request, the organization will send a letter of invitation by email in case the contestant will need it.
- The Artistic Direction of the Competition may resolve all situations not contemplated in these rules. In case of error in the translation of these rules, the Spanish rules will be taken as official.
- Registration in the Competition implies the acceptance of these rules in their entirety.
- The competition reserves the right to authorize the broadcasting of the Concerts and Tests of the Competition, as well as the right to make recordings on any musical or video support for the benefit of the competition.